We have partial confirmation that Canon plans to bring one of the most popular and highly-regarded EF-M lenses to the RF mount.
We are told that Canon will be announcing an RF-S 22mm f/2 STM alongside the rumored Canon EOS R50. We expect these announcements to come in the first quarter of 2023.
The optical design will be pretty much the same as what we have now in the EF-M 22mm f/2 STM. We expect a couple of other EF-M lenses to be moved over to the RF-S mount.
Canon EF-M 22mm f/2 STM Key Features
- Compatible with EOS M Mirrorless Camera
- Moderate Wide-Angle Lens
- Bright f/2 Lens Aperture
- Exceptional Low-Light Performance
- One Aspheric Lens Element
- Built-In Stepping Motor
- Smooth & Continuous AF
- Seven Blade Circular Aperture
- Short Minimum Focusing Distance of 5.9″