It feels like the old days again, as numerous camera rumors continue to flow in. It's becoming a bit more challenging figuring out which camera fits which rumor segment, but we'll do our best.
The latest bit of information that we can confirm is a new camera body coming that will fit between the Canon EOS R7 and Canon EOS R10 in the lineup from a price standpoint. We don't think that this is going to be a similar product placement as we had seen with DSLRs and the EOS 77D. We think that the EOS R8/EOS R9 (guessing on the name) will have a different form factor and could possibly see the omission of a built-in viewfinder, but those are just guesses at this point.
Here's a rundown of the current rumored EOS R camera bodies coming in the next 12 months.
- Canon EOS R8/EOS R9 This camera will be slotted between the EOS R7 and EOS R10 and will likely be APS-C. We don't have any confirmed specifications at this time.
- Canon EOS R50 This will slot below the Canon EOS R10 and will likely be a similar style camera to the EOS M lineup. Whether it has a built-in EVF remains to be learned.
- Canon EOS R5 S The long rumored high-megapixel camera is still being mentioned.
- Canon EOS R5 Mark II We recently reported on this camera and according to the latest rumors, it will be coming in Q2 of 2023.
- Canon EOS R7 C A cinema version of the Canon EOS R7 had been planned, but we're now getting some conflicting information that the product has been scrapped. We hope to hear more on the EOS R7 C one way or another in the near future.